Here's a link to what I've been using to keep track of what's been reported,
although it's not in a format to carry to the field:
http://cayugabirds.pbworks.com/Taxonomic-2009-First-Records
It omits some species that I wasn't aware of credible records (which does not
mean such records don't exist), such as ANHINGA and ROSS'S GULL.. It
includes another species not on the other list, MAGNIFICENT FRIGATEBIRD
which I'd overlooked in my previous message.  It also includes some species
that I'd heard of unverified reports: WILSON'S STORM-PETREL, BAND-RUMPED
STORM-PETREL, SPRAGUE'S PIPIT, and LAZULI BINTING.  There's a good
argument for omitting off ALL the species I've discussed from a 'Checklist'
except
the PACIFIC LOON, TRUMPETER SWAN, and perhaps CAVE SWALLOW, and
in fact omitting almost everything which wasn't found in 2009.  All those
species
are so rarely encountered that they are distractions on a checklist, and risk
being
sloppily misidentified or checked off without notes by someone unaware of their
status. Anything one finds that's odd or not on the list of usuals deserves
some
notes being taken and reported to others. On a checklist the accidentals might
be better placed separately or marked differently somehow.  For that matter,
it's
useful to have some idea of seasonal likelihood and habitat preferences on a
checklist.
--Dave Nutter