I did a walk through Shindagin Hollow this morning.  It was probably one of
the best walks I've had there in years, birdwise, especially for warblers.
Soon after starting I encountered a large feeding flock of the little guys.
I stood, literally, in one spot on the road and identified 13 species in
about 10 minutes. This included 3 BAY-BREASTED in a single field of view.
I'm sure I missed some.  For the day, I had 18 warbler species, including 7
singing CANADA WARBLERS.

Other stuff included 3 WINTER WRENS, 2 singing YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOOS, 3
LEAST FLYCATCHERS, 1 WOOD-PEWEE, 1 TRAILL'S FLYCATCHER, and the bird that
really got me excited, a N. GOSHAWK circling low.  It's been at least 10
years since I've seen this species down there at this time of the year.  The
last time I encountered them, they had a nest.  I sure hope they have
returned.

Steve Fast

Brooktondale