Yesterday afternoon I stopped by Hammond Hill and was surprised to hear
Stuart's Canada Warbler just as I turned off Irish Settlement.  I heard at
least 2 more Canada Warblers singing along the next stretch of road before the
V intersection, and another up Star Stanton a short ways.  I also had several
more up the gravel section of the road, along with a distant MOURNING WARBLER
from the four-way intersection up that hill.  Lots of Blackburnians and
Magnolia Warblers, too.  A BARRED OWL was calling from south of the big parking
lot at the top of Hammond Hill.

After quite a long time I gave up on photographing the first Canada by Irish
Settlement, as it just wouldn't come out into the open.  After some real camera
experience, I now think of digiscoping as just a pain.  I did manage a brief
digiscoping session with the Canada along lower Star Stanton Rd, and one photo
can be seen at
http://picasaweb.google.com/KevinJ.McGowan/BasinBirds2010#5474937100704723314.

I realized I haven't updated my Basin Birds page for a while, and everything
there looks pretty wintery and colorless.  I will see if I can get some more
stuff up soon, but the Canada Warbler and another digiscoped shot of my back
porch Scarlet Tanager
http://picasaweb.google.com/KevinJ.McGowan/BasinBirds2010#5474937680773018674
should get it started.

Best,