I was at my garden plot digging some vegetables and also trying to get a good
picture of Goldfinch.
I found a House Wren in my plot. Several Savannahs sparrows, many young Song
sparrows, a Field Sparrow, a Common Yellowthroat, a Indigo Bunting, a
Sharp-shinned Hawk attacking a Red-tailed hawk several time before moving off
on its own business.  Yesterday I found a Lincoln's Sparrow in the same area. I
also find that there many more House Sparrows this year.

Then I stopped at Bee lab (Liddel), I found a sign saying dog walkers to park
on the other side of the road. I did a quick check to see if there were any
goldfinches, but instead I found a Mockingbird churring, Rose-breasted Grosbeak
chinking, and a Magnolia Warbler feeding oblivious to my presence, but the
Catbird was annoyed. There was a sparrow in the thicket that never came out.

Meena

Meena Haribal
Boyce Thompson Institute
Ithaca NY 14850