Montezuma was hopping today. The annual NYSOA meeting was held at the MAC in Savannah, with a number of top birders leading field trips in the area all morning. Those of us in the business meeting got a call just before noon that a GRAY KINGBIRD had been seen just east of Savannah. Apparently the bird was seen by a number of participants on one of the trips - and then flew off to the east and could not be re- found.

On the way home after lunch I stopped by Knox-Marcellus marsh where Kevin McGowan pointed out two GREAT WHITE-FRONTED GEESE. Shortly thereafter a line of eight (!) more were spotted swimming along. There had also been a report of a ROSS'S GOOSE, which Stu Krasnoff eventually found and put us on.

Then, following up on the report of a HUDSONIAN GODWIT at the Visitor's Center, Stu and I drove there. Although the Hudwit was not present, we did find 4 BLACK-BELLIED PLOVERS and 2 WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPERS along with a flock of some 20 DUNLIN.

Finally, at the new shorebird habitat along the wildlife drive, we did find the Hudwit as well as some 20 BLACK-BELLIED PLOVERS, 12 DUNLIN, and another WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPER. Also there was a flock of some 4-5 AMERICAN PIPITS.

Also reported by one of the field trips was a YELLOW-THROATED WARBLER at Fair Haven State Park.

Bob McGuire