Late this afternoon I made another unsuccessful try for the Pacific Loon.  However I did find a
juvenile RED-THROATED LOON feeding close to shore south of Sheldrake Point between
#7490 & #7504.  The view was not easy due to willows and a boathouse.  The bird spent the
great majority of the time underwater, and even when it was briefly on the surface it often
had its face in the water.  And it's not the best place to pull over.  Nonetheless this was one
of my better sightings of this species.  With luck it will remain attached to this location.

I also saw about 90 COMMON LOONS from the corner of County Roads 141 & 153, most of
them fairly close together and feeding.  They also frequently looked underwater from the surface.
Despite multiple scans of this group I saw no unusual loons.

From Sheldrake Point park I saw 2 female BLACK SCOTERS.

Early this morning I checked out the east shore opposite Sheldrake, from 3.5 miles down
Honoco Rd to Long Point State Park and also only saw COMMON LOONS, plus a few
AMERICAN BLACK DUCKS and MALLARDS and some RING-BILLED and HERRING GULLS.
From the cliff south of Aurora I saw 7 LESSER SCAUP, some CANADA GEESE, more
COMMON LOONS, one HORNED GREBE, and on the delta of Paine's Creek one KILLDEER.
In the field next to the clifftop viewing area were several AMERICAN PIPITS.  On my drive
south on  NYS 90 almost to the Triangle Diner I saw a light ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK perched
in a tree.