Ann Mitchell and Klaus Apel joined me for an all-day, around-the-lake trip today. I will do a full write-up for the March CBC newsletter. The highlights follow:

On a manure spread just across the road from the Triangle Diner - 115 Horned Larks and 12 Snow Buntings. No longspurs.

Aurora Bay, from the south bluffs to Mackenzie-Childs - 15 Horned Grebes. No other grebes. 3 singing Carolina Wrens.

Red Jacket Yacht Club (access from Bonnie Banks Rd) - 2 Horned Grebes, 1 Long-tailed Duck, Cooper's Hawk.

Sheldrake, from the cliffs on Wyers Point Road - SURF SCOTER. (first winter bird, just a slight white haze on the back of the neck). Long- tailed Duck.

Sheldrake, close to the south end of Rt 141 - 3 Long-tailed Ducks, White-winged Scoter.

Stewart Park - young Glaucous Gull (thanks Dave Nutter for the call).

Bob McGuire