Kevin and I made a pilgrimage up to Montezuma this evening after work.
 We saw pretty much the usual assortment of birds and nothing that
hasn't been reported already.  We waited for about 10 minutes before
the RED-HEADED WOODPECKER flew into the trees in Aurora from across
the road from the northwest.  It foraged for a while in the tree along
the road edge, then flew into the nest hole, where it remained for the
rest of the time we were there.  The two PROTHONOTARY WARBLERS were
still singing at 6:30 this evening, albeit less frequently than when I
have seen them in the morning.  An ACADIAN FLYCATCHER called a few
times from the north side a little farther down the road to the west.
Finally, we looked around Tschache Pool for any lingering shorebirds.
Most of the pool is too dry now, but we did find a GREATER YELLOWLEGS
and five SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPERS in a strip of water on the far side
of the pool.

Good birding!
-Jay

--