I spent over an hour in and around the community gardens on Rt 13 this morning, accompanied some of the time by Dave Nutter and Paul Anderson. We did not re-find the Orange-crowned Warbler. Here's hoping that it took advantage of a calm evening and managed to escape south.

In the area, though, I scared up a Carolina Wren, Northern Mockingbird, and Song Sparrow.

Bob McGuire