Although I haven't tracked down the original eTT reporter(s) from Thursday August 2, I got some additional corroborating details from Loreta Rumsey. As she posted, she was having lunch by Tschache Pool when a large white bird with black wing edges flew in and landed close by. It was larger than the egrets there, and she believes it was the pelican which we have been trying to find out about.

She added that this was about 1:30pm on Friday August 3. She didn't see the bird for long and doesn't know where it came from, but when she looked up it was flying toward her and landed in the reeds not far from shore. There was an egret in the air at the same time and the bird in question was larger - but shorter - with black wing edges.

This sounds pretty good to me, so I'm adding it to the list of Cayuga Lake Basin finds for the year.