Yesterday evening, walking in through the experimental gardens and fields off
the base of Freese Road there were a least 50 Cedar Waxwings swirling over the
fields in true swallow style, grabbing insects on the wing. Aren't birds
amazing?! Waxwings scarf down berries, flycatch over Fall Creek and soar and
pivot in chase of winged insects.

Also, just need to make a point here.  I have been told by the front desk at
the Lab of Ornithology that some people have called in to ask why the bird club
is not posting more sightings?  I want to make it clear to all that the
listserve and the bird club are two separate entities that of course have a
good deal of overlap but still are mutually exclusive.  Plus, it's summer.
Moving in to Fall migration. So stay tuned!!

Linda Orkin
President, Cayuga Bird Club
Sent from my iPad