Hi all,

A few minutes ago I was looking out into the yard from my computer room and was
watching a pair of juncos checking out something from the ground, when a
red-bellied landed on a hawthorn branch some 8 feet away from me. I was pleased
to see him, but he kept his face hidden behind the branch. All of sudden I
found him come straight towards me and hit the window. By the sound of the
impact, I don't think he was hurt a lot, then he flew away into Norway spruce.
I looked for him and there was no sign, may be he is recovering from the shock.

But what I was wondering was why did he do that. I was inside the house and my
room was illuminated and bulb was not visible to him directly so, I think he
should see me. In front of the  window, there are some green plants. Was he
checking those out or was he aiming for me or just the lighted part? I guess
only he knows what he was thinking.

Meena

Meena Haribal
Ithaca NY 14850