Hi all,

I too heard Canada Geese around 2.00 am at night. After reading Geo's post, I
looked out for  geese from my house and did not find any at all.

Day before yesterday (Friday) after Dave's post about Snow Geese downtown, I
went to look for them and not a single I could find. But I did find lots of
Canada on water, including all the birds Dave reported earlier.

Then I went in search of some winter birds. On Lake Ridge road, I found
hundreds of DE Juncos, Tree sparrows and a Mockingbird feeding on the road. I
did not get chance to scan them for other species of sparrows as they were
skittish and flew into bushes as I cruised.  At Atwater road, I turned on left
as I had never driven on this road and found it to be an interesting road, I
found two cardinals and a few Blue Jays.

Then I continued on 34 B north and 90 east to Genoa and back on 34 south to
Ithaca. Nothing else much except somewhere past Locke I saw a Rough-legged hawk
dashing across the field. On the way I did see four Red-tailed Hawks, three
American Kestrels.

One interesting thing I noticed was lots of trucks entering and leaving salt
company and all along the roads. I was wondering why I am seeing so many
trucks. Then I realized that this is the first time I have driven on these
roads on week-days and that may be the reason why I saw so many trucks. Is it
true?

Cheers

Meena

Meena Haribal