A quick drive around Lansing this morning didn't produce any shrikes, we
Livia and I did find four different light-morph ROUGH-LEGGED HAWKS: One
over the fields at the Lansing Center Trail; one in the fields east of Rt.
34B just north (well, east at that point in the road) of The Rink, perhaps
visible from Waterwagon Road; one also hovering over fields east of Rt. 34B
between the two spurs of Blackchin Blvd.; and one perched in a tree on the
south side of Burdick Hill Road.

A little later in the morning, the compost piles had a dark-winged 2nd
cycle Kumlien's ICELAND GULL and a slightly pale-backed, clean-headed adult
LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL among the throng. I couldn't find much of interest
there yesterday, but the day before, two 1st-cycle and one adult Lesser
Black-backed and a nice adult Iceland were in attendance.

And finally, student birders report an adult LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL is
roosting on the ice at Beebe Lake right now.

Cheers,
-Jay

--
Jay McGowan