That's a good reminder of those confusing rodent sounds.

I heard an excellent Eastern Phoebe a couple days ago, but immediately said to
myself, whoa there big fella. A few seconds later the NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRD went
into a different imitation. Can't say I've heard NOMO do a Black-billed Cuckoo
though.

ChrisP

Chris Pelkie
Research Analyst