We are still getting 16 - 20 Common Redpolls at our feeders every day. (No
Hoary has visited.)

Yesterday I noticed that only one female was smart enough to figure out how to
get into the cage surrounding the sunflower feeder. Others kept puzzling how to
enter, climbing all around watching the chickadees & finches feeding inside and
giving up repeatedly, flitting back to the easier nyger feeder or to the
ground. One of the females was quite tame, watching me walk by without spooking
while the others were all gone-- maybe the same smart one.
A Brown Creeper has been making the rounds all winter, and a Carolina wren has
been singing sporadically.
Also this winter, a pair of Hairy Woodpeckers have been daily visitors, along
with the Downy and Red-Bellied pairs.

Nari Mistry,
 Ellis Hollow Rd