Susan, Judy, and I went around the lake today. Of note at East Shore were
GREAT-CRESTED CORMORANTS, RUDDY DUCKS, and REDHEADS.
At Myers we met up with Jay McGowan.
At Long Point there was a huge raft of  SNOW GEESE in the middle of the lake.
Aurora Boathouse yielded 3 HORNED GREBES and some GOLDENEYES.
Mill Pond at Union Springs had GADWALL, AMERICAN WIGEON, REDHEADS, and a couple
BUFFLEHEADS.
The main species at Mudlock were HOODED MERGANZERS - 80 of them.
The highlight was the Mucklands- 3 SNOWY OWLS (one being a juvenile female I
think), 300 TUNDRA SWANS, 30 SANDHILLS CRANES, 2 NORTHERN HARRIERS, and 3 BALD
EAGLES.
We had a Tom Johnson sighting on Morgan Road. It is always a pleasure to see
him. He pointed out a ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK.
Susan found a CACKLING GOOSE at Cayuga State Park.
The last stop was the Creamery which was a unanimous decision!
Good Birding,

Sent from my iPhone