So it appears that there are no rules for this that are easily available. I
remember a few years ago someone wrote some rules that were posted on this
list. It defined the region, it said that hearing by ear was OK to list; I
think it said that, as I remember, that if one saw a "Horned Screamer" that
they had to tell the group about it; and I remember something about a
correction factor of some kind.

I would like to have some formal definition of the rules for the next issue
of the bird club newsletter. Perhaps if there are no formal rules, then
those who are playing might get together and arrive at some consensus.

Richard Tkachuck