From: bounce-112238041-3493...@list.cornell.edu
[mailto:bounce-112238041-3493...@list.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Asher Hockett
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 8:48 AM
To: CAYUGABIRDS-L
Subject: Re: [cayugabirds-l] lake ice & waterfowl

This from Wikipedia:
A tradition at Wells College<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wells_College> in
Aurora holds that if the lake completely freezes over, classes are canceled
(though for only one
day).[6]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cayuga_Lake#cite_note-6> According to
Wells College records, this last happened in 1979. However, other sources
suggest that the only time the entire lake froze over solid end to end in the
20th century was in
1912.,[<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cayuga_Lake#cite_note-7>

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 9:47 PM, Dave Nutter