In 1970, I worked as the class clerk for the Cornell class of 1910. One alumnus
told me that, while a student, he had skated the length of Cayuga Lake to visit
with his Dad. He returned, also by skates, the next day. He said the lake
didn't stay frozen for very many days, and had failed to freeze so completely
any other year he was in college.

Sarah Fern