I am tracking the local osprey population distribution and density in the
Cayuga Lake Basin. I am also starting to locate nests in the Seneca Lake
Basin and am interested in knowing osprey nest locations elsewhere in
Tompkins County. However, during the spring and summer, I spend the
majority of my time observing the osprey nest at Salt Point, Lansing,
making this data collection nearly impossible without the help of others.

If you have any osprey sightings or see any active and inactive osprey
nests in areas *other *than those listed below, please send them to me <
cec...@gmail.com> ASAP. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you doe your help!

Candace

Candace Cornell

cec...@gmail.com

Cayuga Bird Club

Conservation Action Committee

*Osprey Nests on Cayuga Lake*

April 2014

Locations of 24 known active osprey nests, 1 uncertain occupancy, and one
empty nesting platform in Cayuga Lake Basin

*South end of lake *(1)

Treman Marina past dog park

3 nesting attempts on light poles on the CU campus and at Ithaca High
School have been reported.

 *Lansing *(2 active, one empty)

Salt Point

Myers Hill Road near park entrance (unclaimed as of April 22, 2014)

Portland Point

*Union Springs Area *(12)

Rte. 90 .... Cayuga Lake Farms .. on the hill north of Levanna Rd. (farm
sign is no longer there.)
Union Springs .... Center St./Number One Rd. at NYSEG relay station.
Union Springs ... Dildine Rd. at Hardy Rd.

Union Springs ... 2nd one on Dildine Rd.
Union Springs ... Across from US High School driveway at village water
dept..
Backus Rd. ....  that goes to Hibiscus Harbor just north of Union Springs.
Rte. 90 & Conners Rd..... Fire Lane 15/16 ...  North of US.
Rte. 90 .... Gorwydd Lane, Fire Lane 17/18 ... North of US at lakeside by
yellow house.
Rte. 90 .... 1st fire lane north of the RR tracks. North of US.
Rte. 90 ... south edge of Cayuga (new platform this yr.)
Harris Park ... Cayuga

Beacon Mills in Cayuga

*North end of Cayuga Lake & Montezuma *(9 active, 1 unknown, 1 nest lost)

Mud Lock ... old tower nest.
Rte. 5 & 20 ... east of Rte. 90 in tall power line pole, can be seen from
intersection.
Rte. 5 & 20 ... platform along Seneca R. seen from the bridge on
right/north side.
Rte. 5 & 20 ..*.* nest on power pole.

Rte. 5 & 20 … second nest on power pole.

Rte. 318 ... Glenwood Farms Mennonite store ... on power pole out in field
across from store.
Gravel Rd....  left side off Rte 318 ... on power pole.
Rte. 89 .... North Pool on low platform (sometimes occupied by a Canada
goose.)
Rte. 89 .... west side of road seen from the bridge at May's.
Armitage Rd. (not checked yet in 2014) I
Nest last year at lock at Mays is now missing.

*Thank you again, Fritzie, for providing the bulk of this information!*