FYI!!!

Sincerely,
Chris T-H

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jeff Bolsinger <jsbolsin...@yahoo.com<mailto:jsbolsin...@yahoo.com>>
Subject: [OneidaBirds] WILLOW PTARMIGAN on Pt Peninsula, Jefferson County
Date: April 25, 2014 2:11:19 PM EDT
To:
<northern_ny_bi...@yahoogroups.com<mailto:northern_ny_bi...@yahoogroups.com>>,
<oneidabi...@yahoogroups.com<mailto:oneidabi...@yahoogroups.com>>

Yesterday evening Eugene Nichols found a white bird on Point Peninsula that he
eventually came to believe was a Willow Ptarmigan. This morning I met him at
the place where he found the bird, and we eventually relocated it. It was
immediately obvious that this bird was a winter plumaged Rock or Willow
Ptarmigan, and based on the bill size and shape I believe it is a Willow (which
I also believe is the more likely of the two). The location is on South Shore
Road 3.5 miles south of the intersection with Pine Woods Road (this road is in
Point Peninsula Village, known locally as Shangri-La). When you reach the
location you will come to a highway sign indicating a sharp curve ahead, with a
real estate sign just beyond, and the curve about 100 yards ahead. We saw the
ptarmigan in the woods on the lake side of the road opposite the highway sign.
During the 90 minutes that we watched it the ptarmigan roosted on a pile of ice
at the lake's edge for about an hour,
and then flew up into a tree and ate buds. A group from the North Country Bird
Club saw the ptarmigan early this afternoon perched in a tree, but I guess it
took them a while to find it. All of the land along the road here is private,
so please respect private property and stay on the road. Based on the bird's
behavior today it seems that if present, it will eventually show itself if you
are patient.

Jeff Bolsinger
Canton, NY

__._,_.___
   Reply to sender
<mailto:jsbolsin...@yahoo.com?subject=Re%3A%20WILLOW%20PTARMIGAN%20on%20Pt%20Peninsula%2C%20Jefferson%20County>
         Reply to group
<mailto:oneidabi...@yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20WILLOW%20PTARMIGAN%20on%20Pt%20Peninsula%2C%20Jefferson%20County>
    Start a New
Topic<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/oneidabirds/conversations/newtopic;_ylc=X3oDMTJmcGs2MzR1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE2NTk5NzU0BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2NTc4NwRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzOTg0NDk0Nzk->
     Messages in this
topic<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/oneidabirds/conversations/topics/12350;_ylc=X3oDMTM3anVqbHBiBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE2NTk5NzU0BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2NTc4NwRtc2dJZAMxMjM1MARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzOTg0NDk0NzkEdHBjSWQDMTIzNTA->
 (1)
Visit Your
Group<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/oneidabirds/info;_ylc=X3oDMTJmamFrNGI3BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE2NTk5NzU0BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2NTc4NwRzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzEzOTg0NDk0Nzk->

[Yahoo!