My dad, Bob Anderson (Hi, Dad!), and I birded the Hawthorns from 9 - 12. After
leaving the Oxley parking lot, and heading towards towards the NW corner, we
got a YELLOW WARBLER. Then, we heard some birds and went down off the bank into
the woods. After finding the singing TENNESSEE, dad found a WILSON'S and
MAGNOLIA which I also viewed. After that,  it seemed that every where we
turned, there was a Tennessee or magnolia.  I think we stayed there for about
half an hour, just because of the sheer number of birds.  We left that spot and
headed to the outside of the corner near the softball field, but other than a
singing yellow warbler, there was not much going on. We followed some more song
and found more Tennessees and more magnolias in a different spot. From there,
we followed deer trails and stopped whenever we heard or saw anything. It
seemed like Tennesses and magnolias were all over the place. I had an INDIGO
BUNTING, which dad missed. We also found a BLUE-WINGED and then tried to find
our way to the East Hill Recreation Way. This was an excellent plan as we
stumbled into a nice group of warblers: another blue winged, BAY-BREASTED,
BLACK POLL, CANADA (super view), and CHESTNUT SIDED. We found the EHRW, and
made our way back to Oxley by the pond near the rugby field. In the field near
what used to be a pond, Dad pished out a pair of COMMON YELLOWTHROATS.

I stopped at the Game Farm Rd. end of EHRW and saw a REDSTART.

While it was an excellent birding day, I am a bit sad because the blackpolls
mean that the end of an absolutely super migration is coming.

Karen