Hi all,
One more important thing about wildlife drive and foot traffic - It is the
small amount of the area which will be disturbed for birds (not for insects and
other lowly creatures) compared to the area that is available for the wildlife,
some hundreds of acres. 28.33 km2 is the refuge area and complex is much
larger. But its educational value far surpasses the disturbances.

And talking about the duck stamps, we are all paying taxes to support the
wildlife, which comes from the federal and state taxes. We should ask our
congress to contribute more towards wildlife conservation projects rather than
spending on wars and some other useless things as far as I am concerned! So
there is no need to buy duck stamps to help the hunters according to me at
least! Same $15 from our tax money if it is contributed to wildlife that would
be a whole lot of $$$!

Talking about birds, all birds seems to have become quiet around my house in
the early morning since last week, not even Robin is singing, I don't know if
they left the area or still around. It is curious where they go after they have
bred? Stay locally or migrate? Any thoughts?

Meena

Meena Haribal
409, Boyce Thompson Institute (BTI)
Phone 6073011167