As Anne Marie noted  quite a few Blue Jays were migrating throughout the day.
May be they got cue from the equinox?? But the best part was while I waiting
for my bus around 4.49 pm, I looked up in the sky there were about 80+
migrating Blue Jays.   The height at which they were migrating and their wing
flutter and the whiteness underside with the sun at low angle had effect of
shining stars in the blue sky. They passed overhead as two groups of birds.

Then I also observed two Monarchs fly slight to the southwesterly direction
than the blue Jays. Later when I came home and looked up at the map, I found it
seems it is better for the monarchs to go more westerly direction than the Blue
Jays if they are to reach Mexico! Today on the whole I observed five migrating
monarchs. I was most of the time in the lab today with no windows. So there may
have been more passing by!

Also I did take a short Mundy walk where I found a Palm Warbler and a Tennessee
Warbler flying together and followed each other most of the time I watched.

Cheers

Meena

Meena Haribal
Ithaca NY 14850