Nine people joined me for a trip to see Short-eared Owls.  We ended up birding
at the end of Scofield Road near Buck Road, because of a post from Jay McGowan
stating that at least three owls were there.  When we arrived, we immediately
saw three of them - one was flying, one was sitting on the ground, and the
other sitting on a sign. Immediate gratification! We stayed there for over an
hour. They became less active for awhile, then the activity picked up. Some of
the group saw an owl nab a rodent. Eventually, FIVE Short-eared Owls showed
themselves. I think that is a record for that area.

I want to thank everyone who came for making the trip so enjoyable and hope
everyone gets to see them.

Good birding, Ann

Sent from my iPhone