I believe it is clear not everyone uses e-bird. Which I have found frustrating
when traveling to new areas.  Janet Akin

From: Carl Steckler
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2015 11:43 AM
To: CAYUGABIRDS-L
Subject: Re: [cayugabirds-l] rare bird rant

OK, here is the problem I have with eBiird. I just checked for sightings in New
York State and the only sighting listed was from Dave Nutter on Feb 22. Nothing
since then. I get eBird alerts for Seneca and Cayuga county. What I get are
Chipping Sparrow, no Gyrfalcon. Granted eBird is great for collecting data, but
for alerting birders to rare birds it is, pardon the expression, for the birds.
Maybe I am doing something wrong in my eBird settings, but it is not clear to
me, and if it not clear it is not useful.

Now if only someone could help me get on the local alert net I would be
grateful.

Carl