This morning there was a large mob of crows cawing in the woods by my house in
Commonland. I did not try to count, but it sounded like dozens high in the pine
trees. When I got close a neighbor who was also watching said there's an
injured one, and when I looked with my binoculars, sure enough there was a crow
on the ground struggling as if it had a serious injury. We weren't sure what to
do, or even really what was going on. Why did the other crows remain high and
out of sight? Was there an unseen predator still hanging around somewhere?

(This is where you make your guess as to what was going on.)

I presently walked towards the injured crow, with the surrounding caws pausing
for brief moments a couple times before resuming. When I got close, the injured
crow morphed into two crows, which flew away in turn.

Evidently it was a good old fashioned street fight with the mobs spectating
from up high (maybe placing bets etc.)

Suan