Is there any way to entice Merlin to our property? I read in this list
that the Merlin in downtown Ithaca were preying heavily on accursed
House Sparrows. Someone in the area of Freeville has seemingly been
raising House Sparrows like a bloody crop (except with no harvest in
sight). Never had any problem with the horrid things until this year. I
had to take down all of my nestboxes except for the House Wrens'
favorite, which they defended heroically and raised two broods
successfully. I want the worthless House Sparrows exterminated, but I am
not a James Bond-like assassin along the lines of Fritzie and cannot do
it with my own bare hands.

Anyone want to buy (or hell, just take), my nestboxes? Our property has
apparently been ruined for cavity nesters. Thank God for the other
species who can still find the property hospitable for nesting.

Melanie