Went up the east side of Cayuga Lake and down the west side with my friends
Dan Watkins and Rich Youket.
Waterfowl numbers way down, especially south end of the lake. Too snowy
with very low visibility at times north end of
lake so we didn't get a chance to do Montezuma.

Highlights: flocks of snow geese Aurora bay and other spots on the north
end.  4 white-winged scoter Aurora Bay.
Northern Pintail and Green-winged teal North Mill Pond,  lower lake road:
several small rafts of aythya species, mostly scaup but some redheads. No
ring-necked ducks or canvasbacks.  8 Bonaparte's Gulls from Lower Lake Rd.
Lots of red-breasted mergansers.
Snowy Owl same spot on gas well by intersection of Seybolt and Reese rd.
Common Loon basic plumage (possibly a 1st year bird???) from stewart park.
Totaled 53 species. Not bad for January 1st.

Dave Nicosia