There was just an alert on Facebook that Woodcocks are really suffering due
to the snowstorm as they have migrated in only to find no ground and no
earthworms available.  I hope that your stream may have some open muddy
areas along the edge.

Linda Orkin
Ithaca,NY

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 11:41 AM, Lois E. Chaplin <l...@cornell.edu> wrote:

> I was out on snowshoes in my backyard around 7:30 last night (dusk). I was
> going down towards the stream when a bird in flight caught my eye. It was
> headed up the stream bed and it landed out of sight near the stream. It
> made no noise – neither vocalizations nor wing noise. It appeared to be
> football-shaped and not a very big bird (large robinesque). There is nearby
> a known habit for Woodcock and I’m thinking that’s what it might have
> been.  Any other thoughts for me to consider?
>

> Lois Chaplin
>
> Beam HIll
> Subscribe, Configuration and Leave
> *Archives:*
> The Mail Archive
> <http://www.mail-archive.com/cayugabirds-l@cornell.edu/maillist.html>
> <http://ebird.org/content/ebird/>!*

Veganism is simply the acknowledgment that a replaceable and fleeting
pleasure isn't more valuable than someone's life and liberty.
~ Unknown

If you permit
this evil, what is the good
of the good of your life?