Yesterday my neighbor out in his boat saw one of 2 OSPREYS that is fishing
around here, catch a fish so large that the bird could not get it up out of
water, and had to drop the fish!

Earlier I had seen one of them dive 2x without success; then that one flew to
the 2nd one perched in my tall dead White Oak on edge of lake cliff. They both
took off south towards Salt Pt. The perched Osprey had a small fish held by
only 1 foot as it flew.

Today's surprise: a black CHICKEN strutting around by road a few houses to
north. Hope it stays out of road. Nobody on Lansing Station keeps domestic
fowl. Will inquire among uphill neighbors.

Donna Scott
Sent from my iPhone