Large snowflakes driven by south winds somewhat hampered visibility across the north end of Seneca County this afternoon.  Around 4 pm single snowy owl was sitting on a hillock close to the bend in the driveway of the Finger Lakes Airport.  (We also checked Chadwick and Thorpe, but not Farron Road.)  Tens of thousands of snow geese - probably hundreds of thousands but I can't estimate when the numbers get that high - were spooling & swirling in small and large flocks across the entire sky at 4:15.  Some fields were covered in snow geese, notably south of Airport Rd in Seneca Falls and off of Ridge Road in Fayette.