On Sunday afternoon I was biking south along the Cayuga Waterfront Trail south
of the Farmers’ Market. The weather was chilly and cloudy, and the racing crews
were gone, so no people on boats or paddleboards were on the Inlet. An Osprey
was overhead. It did some confusing maneuvers before plunging feet first and
going completely underwater. A couple seconds later it emerged back into view,
and in one motion took flight carrying a very substantial fish, which probably
weighed a substantial portion of or perhaps equaled its own weight. The Osprey
flew with its prey to one of the poles supporting the lights for Union Fields,
but not the nest. It took awhile for it to gain the elevation.

- - Dave Nutter