Hi Jim,

It would not be legal to move it, and not likely to work anyway.
You might try putting a chicken wire fence around the nest—several feet in
diameter so the adults can come and go easily. Hopefully when the young fledge
they will go up into the bush and not onto the ground. But at that point you
should keep your eye on the nest/the fledglings in case any rescuing is needed.
And you might consider keeping your cat indoors near fledging time.
Some people also use cat bibs on their cats. They are not 100% effective by any
means, but the theory is that they interfere with the cat's pounce and
therefore slow them down. Cats generally quickly get used to having to wear one.

Finally, please consider keeping your cat indoors. I have had outdoor cats in
the past, but having seen the havoc they wreak first hand, I was determined
that my most recent one would be indoors only. He is happy and healthy, and my
backyard birds are now safe.

Marie

Marie Read Wildlife Photography
452 Ringwood Road