After a delightful early morning with Josh Snodgrass and a robust group of over
20 birders I heard word of a reported GOLDEN-WINGED WARBLER at the intersection
of Combs and McCarriger Rds between Lodi and Ovid. Got over there at 10:45
where the two birders present reported last seeing it at 10:30. Just after 11 I
saw a smallish warbler with a black throat and a yellowish wing patch. The
light was poor and it was a brief look but good enough for an ID. About 15
minutes later I saw presumably the same bird and got a good look at a black and
white patterned head although the body was obscured.
I also saw a Black-throated Blue, two Blackburnians, 3 Nashvilles, a
Yellow-rumped, and heard an Ovenbird.
Jared Dawson