Just a note about the Hawthorn Orchard Trails:

Tonight, I went back to the Hawthorn Orchard and re-opened the North-South
passage along the Eastern edge of the Hawthorn Orchard. This route connects the
Northeast corner entrance to the Southeast corner entrance. At the muddy
Northeast corner entrance, you will bear left (through the muddy pool…) to
access this passage.

Be forewarned, it is extremely muddy. The North-South passage trail is very wet
and muddy and requires at least calf-high muck boots. If you wear regular
hiking boots, your shoes will become wet and muddy. There’s just no avoiding it
this year, as wet as this spring has been.

The North Ravine trail that connects the Northeast corner to the Northwest
corner is not that muddy. To avoid most of the mud, you can enter the
previously hidden trailhead close to the softball outfield fence (the Cornell
Botanic Garden installed a trailhead sign at this location, and others). For
those familiar, you will find that I made this entrance (and the entire North
Ravine trail section) safer and more navigable Thursday night.

Hope this helps make your visits to the Hawthorn Orchard a little more
enjoyable.

Good birding!

Sincerely,
Chris T-H