All,

We will be doing another guided shorebird walk at Montezuma KM marsh this
coming Sunday August 25th. We will meet at the visitor's center at 7 am.
The dike between K-M marsh and Puddler's Marsh will be open to us. If folks
want to meet at the East Rd parking area that is fine too. The group will
arrive there by 715 am.

I got permission to scout KM marsh today and again there are a lot of
birds. There really isn't that many shorebirds, but AMERICAN WHITE PELICAN,
LAUGHING GULL and SNOWY EGRET rarities were a highlight. Diversity is high
as I totaled 81 species!
I also was able to get photos of both short and long billed dowitchers
together and you can easily see the difference in the tertials since the
birds were juveniles. I also got photos of the snowy egret next to the
great egret which illustrated the size difference. I also got decent photos
of the LAUGHING GULL and Pelican. See
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S59198143 for my ebird list with photos.

As always bring water, snacks, insect repellent and sunscreen. The weather
is looking decent. Sunday looks like high pressure and fair weather.

Any questions let me or Andrea Van Beusichem know (I cc'ed her on this
email).  Thanks to both Andrea and Linda Ziemba from Montezuma for
continuing this popular program.

Best,
Dave Nicosia