Apparently I was too angry to accurately identify where the Lake Trail
is!  It starts at the south tip of Sampson SP.  To get there, you'd take
the road that runs through the village of Willard and past the grounds
of the old Williard Psych Center, now partly occupied by the shock
incarceration camp.  Road bends north at Seneca Lake and ends at a
parking lot for the trail.  The trail extends north along Seneca Lake
from there for 1.5 miles. The trail is black topped - it used to be a
road - and used regularly by walkers and bicyclists.  Until recently it
was a good birding spot, too.

Alicia