Hi all,
This evening between 5:30 and 7 pm there was a large migrant flock moving
around our yard on Hunt Hill Rd, east of Ithaca. They went back and forth and
generally stayed in the vicinity, which I found unusual and wonderful. As
always, they were moving fast from spot to spot, hiding behind leaves and
generally being a pain to identify. But I did see the following:
Swainson's Thrush
Robin
Parula Warbler
Magnolia Warbler
Baybreasted Warbler
Tennessee Warbler
Black and White Warbler
Chestnut sided Warbler
Common Yellow Throat
Red-eyed Vireo
Catbird
Chipping Sparrow
Phoebe
Eastern Wood pewee
Titmouse
Goldfinch
Chickadee
Hummingbird

Plus a couple of warblers I was unsure about.  Possible Pine Warbler and
Blackpoll Warbler. But I am not confident about either.
It was a fun and amazing 1 1/2 hours!

Cheers!
Laura

Laura Stenzler