I will lead a trip to Franklin Mountain near Oneonta, NY on Saturday Nov. 23rd
to look for migrating Golden Eagles and other raptors. It is about a two hour
drive.

Meet in the East Hill Plaza parking lot on Pine Tree Road, across from
Collegetown Bagels toward the Burger King side of the lot, at 7:30 am. We will
car pool from there. Bring lunch and a scope if you have one. Scopes are really
optional on a hawk watch, but fun if birds are very distant.

Dress for cold and wind. Hawk watching is highly weather dependent and the best
conditions will have north to west winds. If I need to cancel for rain I'll
notify the list by Friday.

We will be standing most of the time, although there benches and a picnic
table. We will return to Ithaca by 5pm at the latest.

https://doas.us/research/franklin-mountain-hawkwatch/

Gary

Gary Kohlenberg
607 342-3810