It's also interesting to me that the law allows exceptions to the "parts"
possession. Native Americans are allowed to possess/use feathers from hawks
and eagles (among others) for ceremonial (and more, I am not sure)
purposes. It seems a bizarre accomodation in an area where much more
meaningful and beneficial allowances/reparations are lacking and still
sorely need to be addressed.

asher hockett
Albuquerque  NM