How wonderful to see a Peregrine so close!

Yes, Peregrine Falcons returned to the Taughannock Falls area in the past
couple of years. You may be interested in an upcoming presentation, *The
Peregrines of Taughannock Gorge,* that Tim Gallagher, former
editor-in-chief of Living Bird magazine, will be giving on Monday,
April 11, 7:30 pm, for the Cayuga Bird Club (via Zoom).

Short description:

After a 74-year absence, Peregrine Falcons finally returned to nest at
Taughannock Gorge in 2020. The gorge is arguably the most famous falcon
nest site in the world, thanks to a famous picture taken by Cornell
ornithologist Arthur Allen in the 1920s.

Tim Gallagher will present the entire saga of the Taughannock Peregrines
from their discovery by world-famous-bird-artist (and former Cayuga Bird
Club President) Louis Agassiz Fuertes in 1909; the factors that led to the
abandonment of the eyrie in 1946; Professor Tom Cade’s failed effort to
reintroduce captive-bred peregrines there in the 1970s; and their
triumphant return in 2020.

This presentation is free and open to the public. To register and for more
information, go to https://tinyurl.com/cbc2022-04
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://tinyurl.com/cbc2022-04&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw178EppTrMcgay2ZAPH2aaM>
.

Diane Morton