I agree.  Was there this AM and although I did have a Northern Waterthrush last
week, not today. No Prothonotary, Cerulean, Mourning (early anyway?).

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 30, 2022, at 7:07 AM, gag...@twc.com wrote:

 I was over on Armitage rd. the other day where the nestboxes are set up for
Prothonotary warblers and noticed the one that had fallen over the winter was
reinstalled (west side of the river). Unfortunately however this private
property has had some ditching/drainage work done which is draining that swamp
into the Clyde River. The ditch was flowing steadily and I fear the swampy
woods there will be drained in no time, eliminating the habitat there for the
Prothonotary warblers as well as Northern waterthrush, Wood duck and a host of
other species. While these birds nest at other locations in the Montezuma
complex it is saddening that this place may no longer provide wonderful
opportunities to see these birds. I will try to find out more information
regarding the plan for the swamp but at this point it doesn't look good.

Kyle Gage
Subscribe, Configuration and
The Mail