Many thanks to all who replied to our request for information on how to help
the injured Ruby Throated Hummingbird we found at our house last evening!

We followed the suggestions to carefully put the little guy in a safe container
for the overnight and then, if he was still alive this morning, to take him to
The Janet Swanson Wildlife Hospital. The staff therel were kind and helpful and
have told us that the hummingbird will be well-cared-for and released if the
rehabbers are able to make him well and strong enough.

Being a bit sentimental, as are many of us when dealing with injured birds, we
asked that if the bird is well enough to be released, if we could possibly
release him here, near our home, where he had a territory. The staff at the
Swanson Hospital said we could do that and that they would let us know, via
postcard.

Thanks again to all who so kindly and thoughtfully responded to our request for
help.

Kathleen

On Jul 28, 2022, at 9:23 AM, Jill Holtzman Leichter