Black oil sunflower seed in the big hopper, sure, but I offer Nyjer all by
itself in a dedicated finch feeder, and the Goldfinches are very happy with
that. I buy 5# bags at Agway; Lizzie Mae’s Birdseed and Dry Goods Company. The
bags are zip-lock, but I transfer the Nyjer to 1-qt plastic jugs with screw
caps; they stand up in the back of the fridge or freezer, taking up very little
space, and they make topping-up the feeder very easy and neat.

-Geo