Highly likely, many thousand were migrating up Cayuga Lake early this
morning, from Myers and Long Point.

And hopefully most everyone interested in rare birds has joined the NY
Discord server by now, but if not, I found a winter plumage PACIFIC LOON
off Long Point State Park this morning as well!

On Sat, May 18, 2024, 12:28 PM Peter Saracino <petersarac...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> This morning outside the Refuge Visitor Center Mark Miller and I
> witnessed  a huge flyover of waterfowl. At first we were perplexed. They
> were backlit but obviously waterfowl- MANY of them! But they seemed to big
> for ducks and too small for geese...and we heard no honking. Mark got a few
> shots with his camera and the bills were on the short side. Our best guess
> is brant...and, if correct, I've never seen so many of them!
>
> Pete Saracino/ NY State Master Naturalist Volunteer

> Welcome and Basics
> <http://www.northeastbirding.com/CayugabirdsWELCOME.htm>
> Rules and Information
> <http://www.northeastbirding.com/CayugabirdsRULES.htm>
> Subscribe, Configuration and Leave
> *Archives:*
> The Mail Archive
> <http://www.mail-archive.com/cayugabirds-l@cornell.edu/maillist.html>
> ABA <https://www.aba.org/birding-news/>
> <http://ebird.org/content/ebird/>!*

(copy & paste any URL below, then modify any text "_DOT_" to a period ".")