The handset that comes with it doesn't support wideband and therefore you cannot have a 2 way conversation unless you upgrade the handset and/or headset.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/ps8537/prod_white_paper0900aecd806fa57a.html

Additionally, other newer Cisco Unified IP Phones 7900 Series phones (Cisco Unified IP Phone 7906G, 7911G, 7921, 7931G, 7941G-GE, 7961G, 7961G-GE, 7970G, and 7971G-GE models) support G.722 with an optional wideband handset or headset.

On Sep 8, 2009, at 4:43 PM, Brian Valentine wrote:

7961 model phones do support G722.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7961g_7961g-ge_7941g_79
41g-ge/6_0/english/administration/guide/7961cus.html#wp1032224

They do not support ILBC.

-----Original Message-----
From: ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com
[mailto:ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com] On Behalf Of Mark Snow
Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2009 6:45 PM
To: Mark Holloway
Cc: ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] Required quantity of Gen 2 phones

I wouldn't worry about the G722 codec. I would just focus on 7961
phones for Globalization support among other things.

--
Mark Snow
CCIE #14073 (Voice, Security)

Senior Technical Instructor - IPexpert, Inc.

Telephone: +1.810.326.1444
Fax: +1.309.413.4097
Mailto: ms...@ipexpert.com
--
Join our free online support and peer group communities:
http://www.IPexpert.com/communities