From: gorr...@hotmail.com
To: ill2...@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 08:52:34 +0000
CC: ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com; dberlin...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] 7961 unprovisioned ucme

Hi:

Yes, the sip bind command is very important, if you don't configure it the
system takes one by default, (the loo0 if i remember well), but this can be
dangerous, one time integrating CUE with CME (using SIP), the mailboxes where
working well, but the mwi were not working, the problem was that the SIP source
interface was lo0, and the CUE default gw was fas0/0.1 so CME didn't recieved
the MWI call, (this can be very difficult to trobleshoot becouse no dial-peer
is hitted by MWI so you can't use deb voip dialpeer inout).

But in this case it wasn't the source of the problem, becouse I added the sip
source interface previously and the gw didn't show any sip message nor any deb
voice register message, the problem is that if you don't specify the number 1
dn x the phone reads the config ...

Mar 23 13:34:30.188: TFTP: Looking for SEP0017E066C72F.cnf.xml
Mar 23 13:34:30.188: TFTP: Opened system:/cme/sipphone/SEP0017E066C72F.cnf.xml,
fd 7, size 3277 for process 155
Mar 23 13:34:30.204: TFTP: Finished

and becouse it doesn't find the dn in the first number it start to download the
config again (and  it remains in a loop and in unprovisoned state) so it never
sends a sip message to register so deb ccsip message and deb voice register
would show anything

This is what the phone needs to read in the cnf.xml file in this case to
register

<sipLines>
<line button="1">
<featureID>9</featureID>
<featureLabel>4001</featureLabel>
<proxy>USECALLMANAGER</proxy>
<port>5060</port>
<name>4001</name>
</line>
</sipLines>

In my case I saw this: <name></name>, correcting this (I do this manually
copying the file to my laptop, copying back to the router and reseting the
phone) solves the issue, then I replicated the problem again and I fix it
changing the config (number 1 dn 1) and then upgrade profile and reset the
phone, this way the phone starts exchanging sip messages with the registrar
server and finally it registers. Then I checked the cnf.xml file and
<name>4001</name> was there.

The good thing of this issue is that can be easly replicated to test it

HTH

Regards