From: Bill Lake <whl...@gmail.com>
To: Ken Wyan <kew...@gmail.com>
Cc: "ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com" <ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 1, 2011 10:49 PM
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] CME Conference mode local only

keep-conf works in both ephone/ephone-template and voice register pool

keep conf has more flexibility

Here are some examples
Examples
In the following example, extension 3555 initiates a three-way
conference. After the conference is established, extension 3555 can
press the Confrn soft key to disconnect the last party that was
connected and remain connected to the first party that was connected. If
extension 3555 hangs up from the conference, the other two parties
remain connected if one of them is local to the Cisco Unified CME
system.
ephone-dn 35
 number 3555

ephone 24
 button 1:35
 keep-conference drop-last local-only

In the following example, extension 3666 initiates a three-way
conference. After the conference is established, extension 3666 can
press the Confrn soft key to disconnect the last party that was
connected and remain connected to the first party that was connected.
Also, extension 3666 can hang up from a three-way conference to
terminate the conference and disconnect all parties or can press the
EndCall soft key to leave the conference and keep the other two parties
connected.
ephone-dn 36
 number 3666

ephone 25
 button 1:36
 keep-conference drop-last endcall

In the following example, extension 3777 initiates a three-way
conference. After the conference is established, extension 3777 can
press the Confrn soft key to disconnect the last party that was
connected and remain connected to the first party that was connected.
Also, extension 3777 can hang up from a three-way conference to
terminate the conference and disconnect all parties or press the EndCall soft
key to leave the conference and keep the other two parties
connected only if one of the two parties is local to the
Cisco Unified CME system.
ephone-dn 38
 number 3777

ephone 27
 button 1:38
 keep-conference drop-last endcall local-only

In the following example, extension 3999 initiates a three-way
conference. After the conference is established, extension 3999 can hang up to
terminate the conference and disconnect all parties or press the
EndCall soft key to leave the conference and keep the other two parties
connected only if one of the two parties is local to the
Cisco Unified CME system.
ephone-dn 39
 number 3999

ephone 29
 button 1:39
 keep-conference endcall local-only
conference drop-mode
To configure the mode for terminating ad hoc hardware conferences when parties
drop out, use the conference drop-mode command in ephone or ephone-template
configuration mode. To return to the default, use the no form of this command.
conference drop-mode [creator | local]
no conference drop-mode [creator | local]
Syntax Description

creator  Specifies that the active conference terminates when the creator hangs
up.
local  Specifies that the active conference terminates when the last local
party in the conference hangs up or drops out of the conference.

Command Default
The conference is not dropped, regardless of whether the creator hangs up,
provided three parties remain in the conference.
Command Modes
Ephone configuration (config-ephone)
Ephone-template configuration (config-ephone-template)
keep-conference
To allow conference initiators to exit from conference calls and to
either end or maintain the conference for the remaining parties, use the
keep-conference command in ephone or ephone-template configuration mode. To
return to the default, use the no form of this command.
keep-conference [drop-last] [endcall] [local-only]
no keep-conference
Syntax Description

drop-last  (Optional) The action of the Confrn soft key is changed; the
conference
initiator can press the Confrn soft key (IP phone) or hookflash (analog
phone) to drop the last party.
Note Analog phones connected to the Cisco Unified CME system through a
Cisco VG 224 require Cisco IOS Release 12.3(11)YL1 or a later release to use
this
feature.
endcall  (Optional) The action of the EndCall soft key is changed; the
conference initiator can hang up or press the EndCall soft key to leave the
conference and keep the other two parties connected.
Note If this option is not enabled, pressing the EndCall soft key terminates
the conference and disconnects all parties.
local-only  (Optional) The conference initiator can hang up to end the
conference
and leave the other two parties connected only if one of the remaining
parties is local to the Cisco Unified CME system (an internal
extension).

Defaults
A conference initiator can hang up or press the EndCall soft key to end a
conference and disconnect all parties or press the Confrn soft key to
drop only the last party that was connected to the conference.

Hi,